FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I do to be safe on the water?
Be aware that paddle sports can be dangerous and physically demanding and that participating in stand up paddling could result in serious injury or death. Use common sense and observe applicable watercraft laws. The user of Sprout Surf SUP products acknowledges both an understanding and an assumption of the risk involved. Please follow the following safety guidelines.
- Use the buddy system. Do not paddle alone.
- Always use a leash attaching yourself to the board.
- Always use a coast guard approved PFD (personal floatation device).
- Familiarize yourself with the water you are about to paddle in.
- Seek local knowledge for tide information, wind, weather, currents, etc.
- Always keep in mind that conditions on the water can change rapidly.
- Avoid going out in severe weather or water conditions.
- Know your limitations.
- Check for regulations regarding watercraft in areas you wish to paddle.
- Never paddleboard under the influence of alcohol or any other substance that may impair your ability to safely paddle the board.
- Never let children paddle unsupervised.
What comes with my board?
When you order a Sprout board this is what comes in the box:
- Rolling Travel Bag / Backpack
- Sprout™ Inflatable Board
- Detachable Fin
- Fin Screw & Slider Plate
- Dual Action Pump
- Pump Hose
- Accessories Canister
- Matching Material Patches
- Valve Wrench
How do I inflate my Sprout Inflatable SUP?
We have an excellent instructional video that shows the proper way to set up your board. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWqkKacLD9I
What is the proper way to care for and store my Sprout inflatable SUP?
- Do not inflate your board over 22 PSI.
- Deflate your board prior to transporting it to higher elevations. The elevation gain increases the interior air pressure of the board.
- Never expose your board to excessive heat while fully inflated. Exposure to heat will increase the interior air pressure of the board.
- Do not leave your inflated board in a hot car or strapped to the roof of a vehicle in hot weather conditions.
- Never drag your board over rough surfaces including sand. Sprout Inflatable SUPs are lightweight and have comfortable handles for easy carrying.
- Keep your board away from sharp objects. Sprout inflatables are very durable, however it is possible to puncture your board.
- To clean your board use biodegradable soap and a brush. Never use harsh chemicals to clean your board.
- Make sure your board is completely dry before storing. Storing your board wet or damp may cause mildewing and staining.
- Store your board in a cool dry place.
- Do not expose your board to excessive heat while storing.
- It is best to store your board loosely rolled.
How do I repair my board?
- Fully deflate the board and lie it on a clean, flat surface.
- Use a round patch no less than three inches or seven centimeters in diameter.
- Clean the patch and the area surrounding the leak with rubbing alcohol or acetone.
- Apply three thin, even coats of contact cement (not included in kit) to both the sur-face of the board and the patch.
- Wait five minutes between each coat.
- After the third coat, wait ten minutes before applying the patch.
- Use the edge of the valve wrench, or other tool, to apply pressure and ensure a solid bond.
Make sure you follow all safety instructions for using contact cement as it is toxic and flammable.
Repairs on seams must be heat welded rather than glued.
It is recommended that a seam repair be done by a professional repair shop.
What is the Air Valve Wrench for?
The valve wrench may be used to tighten the air valve if it becomes loose. In the rare case that the air valve needs to be replaced the valve wrench can be used to remove it and to install a new air valve.